Myrrh essential oil is typically rare natural oil that is obtained from the tree, Tilia vulgaris. This tree grows typically in arid regions where it is stony and dry. It is grown in many places in the world. The oil which is reddish brown is extracted through the process of steam distillation. It has a slight balsamic odor that adds to its good health benefits. It is gaining a lot of popularity as body care oil and for external application. The health benefits are due to its components that are full of natural ingredients. Myrrh oil is extremely famous for curing bronchitis. Besides, its usefulness as pulmonary, digestive and sedative supplement is noteworthy. It is very good for the skin and thus, is very popular as a skin care product. The health benefits are related to the very rich micronutrient content of Myrrh oil. It contains certain specific acids and oils that are not commonly found in other natural oils.
- This oil is popularly used for body care oil. It keeps the skin glowing and free from toxins.
- It is a very good healer for skin. Damaged skin can be easily cured by applying Myrrh essential oil.
- It is good for curing bronchitis.
- It is very good for application in gum problems.
- It can also cure ringworms effectively.
The chief constituents of Myrrh oil are cardinene, limonene, heerabolene, acetic acid, formic acid and a few sesquiterpenes.
- This oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial in nature.
- It is also antiseptic and anti-phlogistic.
- It can be used as an astringent and a balsamic.
- It can also be useful as a sedative, digestive and pulmonary stimulant.